Infographic: Useful Tips For Cleaning Hardwood Floors
You should know about the smart cleaning methods to keep your hardwood floors in top condition. When you keep them well maintained, they also add elegance to your property. Moreover, knowing the exact method of cleaning can also provide longevity to your floors.
Tips for cleaning the hardwood floors
- Vacuum your floor every week- Fine dust is just like sandpaper that wears down the floor finish.- A good vacuuming protects the finish and keeps up its appearance.- Attachments with rotating brushes or beater bar can scratch the finish.
- Protect it from water
– Water can ruin the finish on a hardwood floor.- Close windows when it is rain.- Put trays under potted plants and wipe up any water that comes in due to heavy rain.
- Remove residue with no-wax wood floor cleaner
– You should wipe up dirt and spills immediately as soon as you see them.- Use the cleaner to remove the residue.- Liquids can damage the finish or stain the floor.
- Know the rules about using waxes and restorers
– You can rejuvenate a wax finish with more wax.- Never use wax on a surface finish as shellac, varnish, or polyurethane.- Use a general purpose floor restorer with a surface finish.
- Watch the hairspray and the furniture polish
– They can cloud your floor’s finish.- Rub them immediately with a damp cloth.
- Use an extra-long “walk-off” door mat for protection
– Get a 4 to 6 foot long walk off mat for the front door.- When you have a mat, people will wipe their shoes while coming inside.